PICKLE FUN FACTS AND IMAGES
- In Fiji, pickles are so important, you can't have a partner without showing their parents your pickle plants.
- Cleopatra, the Egyptian queen, claimed pickles made her pretty. (yeah, it's weird.)
- Kool-Aid pickles are pickles cut in half and brined in Kool-Aid for a week.
- According to the US Department of Agriculture, the average American eats 8.5 pounds of pickles per year.
- Christopher Columbus rationed pickles for his fellow sailors to prevent them from getting scurvy.
- Amerigo Vespucci, the namesake of America, was a pickle merchant.
- Napolean Bonaparte gave $250,000 to whoever found out how to pickle food for his army troops.
*credit to CNN and Mental Floss for facts
Back to Home Page